Millions of people around the globe are learning a foreign language — but why do countries prefer to learn some languages over others?
See if you can guess the following:
- Yes, English dominates — but by how much?
- Which languages are next in line?
- Why is Swedish the top language in Sweden?
- Who needs help with their country’s official language?
- How does Argentina differ from the rest of Latin America?
- Who’s learning to talk to their neighbors?
- Where are German learners?
Confident in your answers? Keep reading to see how the data on Duolingo’s learners reveals insights into country preferences, cultural affinities, immigration trends, and more.